FS#1043 - Enhancements to trains ...
Enhancements to trains ... We would like to achieve the following :
a) Have simple push-pull train services.
b) Have extended individual train information available from any vehicle in the train.
Possible implementations ...
Push-Pull trains :
For simple and effective push-pull train services, the following is required (some may already have been implemented) :
1. a bit, that is flipped every time the train reverses direction; i.e. end of line, terminus station or player presses train reverse button. Train reversal
in depot may or may not be included. (see TTDPatch vehicle variable FF bit 0). *]
2. Callback 10 (visual effects) called whenever train reverses. *]
3. Callback 11 (vehicle length) called whenever train reverses.
New Train Property/Variable to allow individual train information to be accessed from every vehicle in the train :
1. New vehicle property, same as vehicle property 25 (User-defined bit mask), but a double word and in addition to.
2. New vehicle variable, same as 'uu' of vehicle variable 42 (the result of ORing the bits of property 25 from all vehicles in the train), but a double word
and in addition to.
3. Callback 36 support for new vehicle property.
Note: vehicle property 25 and 'uu' of variable 42 are currently not merged when train vehicles are bought or sold (OpenTTD r10438). *]
*] this is required before the Canadian Trains Set v0.3 can be released to the public.
This task depends upon